Fueling The Mission of Impact
Giving to Destination Impact is about so much more than buildings. It is about the impact we can achieve for God’s Kingdom through our collective efforts, many times with the aid of buildings as part of that effort.
The Journey Cornerstones at the right include many aspects of our ministry that make an impact for God’s Kingdom. Below are ministry efforts inspired by these cornerstones that are enabled at least in part by having a building that operates well and is easily accessible.
Community Impact Efforts Enabled by Our Community Impact Center:
- Small Groups: Small group life is vital on The Journey. Small group life enables you to know others deeply, help each other grow spiritually, serve each other through trials and celebrate God’s goodness.
- Mother’s Day Out: Our spiritually centered Mother’s Day Out program was established in 2013. We are a licensed ministry that offers two, three, or five day/week programs.
- Foster Parents’ Night Out: Paused during Covid-19, we have historically provided a monthly evening of childcare service to foster parents. This event will resume this year. In the meantime, we plan to serve foster families by providing Bi-Monthly Care Packages.
- Foster Child Respite Care: The Journey sponsors training for adults to provide short-term respite care for foster children when parents take a much needed break.
- Backpack Food Program/Christmas Boxes: Volunteers on The Journey provide take-home meals and snacks for elementary school kids who don’t have enough to eat.
- Kids Outdoor Zone: The Journey is used as base camp by men of The Journey, who serve as mentors and role models to boys ages 8-18. The boys enjoy the company of men and learn a variety of outdoor skills and have adventures!
- Journey Men: Our men’s group gathers each week on Wednesdays from 6:30-8:00 PM or Saturdays at 7 am at The Journey, using the video capabilities, kitchen and fire pit (Saturday only) to pursue authentic manhood with a band of brothers.
- Journey Women: Our Journey Women meet on Wednesday night to connect with women who are interested in growing deeper in their faith with the friendship and support of other ladies.
- Journey Kids and Journey Preteens: From birth through 6th grade, these ministries have the mission to combine the efforts of the church body and parents to impact kids spiritually. We use the Orange Curriculum to help parents and the church partner together in helping their kids live out their faith throughout the week.
- Journey Students (grades 6-12): The Journey Students meet on Wednesday from 6:30-8:00 for “Refresh” (grades 6-12) at The Journey to build friendships, worship together and to learn to apply biblical principles to their daily lives.
- Sunday Worship: Every Sunday people of The Journey gather to worship together, support each other, grow towards God and enjoy His amazing love. Children’s Ministry is available for newborns to 6th grade, but children are welcome to attend the service with parents. All teens attend worship service with their parents to prepare them for attending church on their own as young adults.