Vision: In obedience to biblical mandates for the local church, The Journey will challenge every individual and family to sacrificially serve orphans and foster families.
Did you know there are typically 325-400 orphans in the Austin area? James 1:27 tells us that God’s view of true Christianity is to look after orphans and widows in their distress.
At the Journey, we have the vision of having a big positive impact in every aspect of caring for orphans including:
- Providing child care at The Journey so foster parents can have a night out
- Equipping families to provide child care for a foster parent weekend getaway
- Providing training for people who want to become advocates for orphans
- Helping families through the process of foster care and adoption
Ways you can help
You can make a significant impact just by making yourself available for participating in our Foster Parent Night Out events where we take care of kids for a few hours at The Journey to enable their foster parents to have a night out. There is no training required.
We hope to resume having opportunities to do this on the fourth Friday evening of every month starting later this year as the status of the pandemic allows .
If you are interested in
- providing short-term foster child care
- helping provide Care Packages to foster families, or
- supporting foster families during emergency placements