We are excited to have the opportunity to be back together in person on The Journey Campus for worship and teaching from God’s Word! Video streaming will also be available for those not wishing to attend in person.
Please pray that God will continue to give us wisdom in our efforts for smooth on-campus operations.
As you consider rejoining us on campus, please consider these guiding scriptures for the Body of Christ:
One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”
29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[e] 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[f] 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[g] There is no commandment greater than these.”
5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross.
Jesus called them together and said, “You know that those who are regarded as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. 43 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 44 and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. 45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
Campus Ministry Plan:
11:00 AM: Family worship service – Journey Kids and Journey Youth will not be meeting. We will follow LISD’s lead on resuming these ministries for in-person activities. (Note: Our Online Only service will continue at 9:30am on Facebook and YouTube)
Campus Life Expectations:
Unity as a church body will be an important factor as we continue to meet together in person. As we love one another, we need to acknowledge that we have differing opinions on the necessity of social distancing. However, we all should respect the need for a common approach to reopen The Journey Campus.
Here is the approach we will take at The Journey:
- Plan to show up early, as the new seating process will take longer
- If you are sick, or suspect you may be sick, please stay home
- We will only use the rear parking lot and rear entrance to the building
- We will have volunteers on campus to assist you. Please follow their guidance.
- Masks will be required. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one.
- Practice social distancing while on the Journey Campus by maintaining 6 feet between families
- Children will need to remain with their parents as there will be no children’s ministry
- Avoid handshakes and hugs while on The Journey Campus
- Avoid touching common surfaces when possible
- Disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer will be widely available—use them often
- Restroom use will be limited to 2 unrelated persons at a time or a family unit of 2 or more people
- The Cafe will be closed. You may bring your own drink, but minimize the time your mask is not covering your face.
- Use your digital bulletin—there will be no handouts
Finally, one more guiding scripture to consider:
17 Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account. Do this so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no benefit to you.
Looking forward to seeing y’all on Sunday!