On the menus below are everything you will need to develop your faith and lead your family toward maturity.
There are several ways to join us in general activities on The Journey:
- Join us On Campus to attend a service in person at 9:30 or 11:00 am. Masks are required at our 9:30 service and optional at our 11:00 service. We’ll be practicing social distancing to protect those who are more at risk.
- Join us Online for livestreaming worship on Sundays at 9:30 am on Facebook or YouTube.
- Videos: RightNow Media is similar to Netflix for Christian video content and is available to you free through our church subscription. If you want to use RightNow Media, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your email address and we will send you an invitation.
- Small Groups: See section below.
Small Group / Journey Men / Ladies Bible Study
Being part of some type of Small Group is key to your experience on The Journey. Our small groups include our Journey Men group and our Ladies Bible Study group. This is where you can connect deeply with others, share life lessons and encourage one another to grow in your faith. This cannot be accomplished in a worship service with a lot of people but it can be achieved in person in a small group or through a virtual small group experience.
So, if you have not yet joined a group, check out the variety of options available on this page and try it out!
Journey Students are gathering in person on the front porch of our campus and around the fire pit on Sunday’s from 4:30-6:00 pm.
Here are the ways Journey Students are staying connected:
- Paul Nichols’ cell and email – (940) 284-8948 and email@example.com. Get ahold of him directly if you have a need!
- Students should join the GroupMe! To join just text Paul with your name and say “Add me to the GroupMe!” and he will add you ASAP. The GroupMe app is free so go get it! Don’t forget to turn notifications on for this app! https://groupme.com/en-US/
- Everyone, including students, should follow the Journey on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay connected and interact with us on social media!
- Students should attend either one of our in-person services at 9:30 and 11 with their families or log on and watch out Live Streamed Service on Facebook Watch on Sunday mornings at 9:30 am.
- We also have serving opportunities on Sunday mornings for Journey Students as well. Contact Paul if you are interested in serving somewhere.
REFRESH on the Porch
- All students 6th-12th grade are invited to our weekly gatherings on Sunday nights from 4:30-6:00 pm on the front porch of the church. (Masks optional)
- We are serving individually packaged snacks and drinks and providing hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, and masks if needed or desired.
- Building access is limited to restroom use only to avoid needing to sanitize multiple rooms and items.
- A typical night still includes snacks, games, big group lessons, and small group discussions. We are still using the Orange curriculum for most of our lessons so be sure to check out The Parent Cue App.
- Paul is sending out MONTHLY CALENDARS for Refresh on the Porch. If you would like to be added to the email list please reach out to paul at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I understand that not everyone is ready to gather in person. For those of you not ready to come back I would love to find a way to continue to minister and serve you and your children. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me and we will brainstorm something that works for your family.
JourneyKids / JourneyKids Jr.
Hello Journey Families!
We have loved having SO MANY of our Journey Kids back on campus with us!! Please be sure to pre-register and join us! Check our home page, our Facebook page, or This Week on the Journey for pre-registration instructions.
If you are still not ready to join us in person, I have weekly updated lessons available for you on our Journey Parents Facebook Group. Online lessons are posted on Sundays at 8:00 AM to give you plenty of time to do the lessons with your children before the livestream of our service at 9:30 AM. Simply search for “Journey Parents ATX” on Facebook or click HERE and request to join. You’ll also find daily content to help you engage with your children at exactly the phase they are in right now. This group is a great place for us as parents to build community, ask questions, and dive deeper into what it means to be the primary disciple maker for our children. We’d love to have you join us!
For those coming in person, we still have several opportunities for you to serve in all Journey Kids areas! If you’d like to make an eternal difference in the life of a child, please reach out to me at email@example.com and let me know of any questions you have!
One last reminder, the Parent Cue App is a great FREE resource available to you. If you haven’t yet downloaded the Parent Cue App, please click HERE for directions on how to do so.
I continue to be in prayer for God to give you the confidence you need to be the champion of your child’s faith as you dive into God’s word with them during the week. Please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback, questions or concerns you may have.
Children’s Ministry Director