We’ve got another spotlight for you today, and boy is it a good one! As one of our FOUNDING Journey members, this sweet lady has been with the church through it all, come alongside numerous families, and served ever so lovingly and faithfully. Everyone please say hello to Tammy Peterson and enjoy her get-to-know-you answers today!
- How long have you been coming to The Journey? I have been at The Journey since the very beginning, before it was even The Journey! We started discussing and praying what God had in store for us, the Allen’s and the Friedman’s back in 2001!
- Where do you serve at The Journey? Since we were here from the beginning, I have done just about everything – I’ve been THE Cafe Team, was part of the praise team early on, and a Journey Kids teacher (we put on some really great puppet shows!). I connected lots of people within The Journey (my favorite thing!) – with jobs outside of the church, with small groups, with people who were in the same season of life and helped some find what “melted their butter” within The Journey family/church. I have helped set up and tear down when we were meeting at the schools, put together lots of meals, ran Kindling the Passion Events and helped with the Auctions, planned Valentine’s Day meals/dances, helped plan and work the July 4th Events at Milburn Park and helped with so many great block parties! I worked at The Journey office multiple times, helped pass out school supplies at the schools for teachers and passed out water bottles on trails in Cedar Park & Leander to talk to and love on people of the community. Lol! There has been a lot of service over the years and God has blessed all of it! There have been so many beautiful people come to The Journey and find Jesus!
- Please tell us about your family: John and I have two beautiful, smart, God loving children – Emily 25 & Ryan 23. Ryan just got married last year and now we have a beautiful, smart, God loving daughter-in-law, Elizabeth! We are always amazed and impressed by them! We are blessed in so many wonderful ways!
- Favorite Bible verse: Psalms 8:3-4 “When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers— the moon and the stars you set in place— what are mere mortals that you should think about them, human beings that you should care for them.”
- Favorite Season? Winter! I love the cold, the snow and snow skiing!
- Favorite book? (besides the Bible!) I love Francine Rivers books!
- Name a secret talent you have: I play piano, but mostly hymns. My dad was the music minister when I was in middle and high school and once I learned how to play piano while he sang he always had me play they piano at our little church. Then, I played the piano when my whole family would sing “specials”. I sang alto and played the piano.
Thank you, Tammy, for letting us get to know you a little bit more today. Words can’t express our gratitude for all you have done and continue to do for our church family. Thank you thank you and happy Spotlight Day!