It’s Wednesday, so you know what that means: Spotlight Time!
Say hello to The Journey’s newest staff member, Tammy.
- Position at The Journey? Office Manager.
- How I ended up at The Journey: Chris, my husband, has been attending the Saturday morning Men’s Bible study at the Journey for about 7 months. He saw the opening for Office Manager in This Week On The Journey. Funny thing is he usually does not read the emails but did that week. I believe it was definitely a God thing! It has also been a perfect fit for me and my family and the catalyst for us to start attending The Journey.
- How long have you been coming to The Journey? February 20th was our 1st Sunday.
- Where are you from? Born and raised here in Texas! I was born in Bay City, TX and grew up right outside of Houston, TX in the Sugar Land area. I have also lived in Dallas. We moved here to Cedar Park in 2010 for a new job & to be close to family.
- About our family: I met my husband, Chris, in high school and we married in 1994. He is a network engineer for Luminex. We have a 15 year old son, Drew. He is a trumpet player in the Rouse Band and is currently learning to drive. We have family here in the Austin area and in the Dallas area.
- Favorite Bible verse: Numbers 6:24-26
- Fun fact about yourself: I use to work for Disney at the Disney Store and am a big Disney fan. Our house is even decorated Disney. I also volunteer as a chaperone with the Rouse Band.
- What are some of your hobbies? Reading. I am always reading something. So definitely a bookworm! Also Disney-traveling to the Parks, collecting Disney memorabilia and keeping up with everything new.
- Favorite vacation you have taken? All of our trips to Disney World and Disneyland. Each trip has been magical and special in it’s own way!
- Favorite meal? Tex Mex or seafood but not together.
- Name a secret talent you have: I can play handbells! I played the smaller higher pitched bells and can actually play 2 in each hand at the same time. It has been a few years since I played and I really miss it.
Be sure to say to hi and welcome Tammy to the staff and church family next time you see her!