We are so thrilled to share today’s Wednesday Spotlight! Serving on your Journey Staff as the Queen of our Mother’s Day Out program (yes, that’s an unofficial title for today), we are so happy to get to know our very own Susan George a little more today.
- How long have you been coming to The Journey? My family started attending The Journey at Vista Ridge in January of 2007.
- If you’ve been coming for a while, what is your position at The Journey? I originally volunteered in the nursery. Once I retired from teaching public school, I became the Mother’s Day Out Director. I worked as Children’s Ministry Director for about 3.5 years, but needed to step back to just working MDO.
- Where are you from? I was born in Texas City, TX and have lived in the Austin area for most of my life.
- Please tell us about your family: I have been married to my husband Glenn for 18 years. We are now empty nesters, but we have a blended family of 4 sons and a daughter. We also have three grandchildren and one on the way!
- Favorite Bible verse: Psalm 19:14 May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
- Fun fact about yourself: I once ate at one of the local Jardin restaurants 3 times in one day! Breakfast at the one in Cedar Park. Lunch at the one that used to be on Pond Springs Rd and dinner at the one in Leander!
- What are some of your hobbies? I love to cook, shop, travel and spend time with family and friends.
- Favorite book? (besides the Bible!) I loved the book Uninvited by Lysa TerKeurst.
- Favorite meal? Mexican food!!!
- Favorite football team? The Texas Aggies!!! Whoop!
Thank you to Susan for letting us pick your brain today, as well as for all that you do every week for our Journey family. We are so grateful and we wouldn’t be the same without you!