Please say hello to one of The Journey’s newest families to join our church body, the Fiechters! We’re going to personally get to know a little more about mom, Shelby today, but say hi to dad Justin, Tessa, Emmie, and Myles when you get the chance!
- Where are you from? I grew up in Bastrop, TX, but my family just moved here from Florida in November! It’s nice to back in Texas.
- How long have you been coming to The Journey? We have been attending The Journey for just over 4 months.
- Tell us a little about your family: My husband and I met while serving as missionaries in South Africa, got married, and then served in South Africa for another three years. We moved back to the states in 2018. We have 3 children, Tessa (5), Emmie (3), and Myles (11 months). We have a huge heart for global missions and love getting out into nature.
Fun Shelby trivia facts:
- Favorite Bible verse: So hard to choose! But I always go back to Philippians 3:13-14.
- Favorite season – Definitely summer! The beach, a good book, and playing in the water with my kids never gets old.
- Favorite book? (besides the Bible!): Favorite book: The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom.
- Favorite vacation you’ve taken? Definitely Mauritius! It’s a small island east of Madagascar.
Join us in welcoming Shelby, Justin, and their adorable kids to our church family!