Happy Wednesday, everyone! It’s time for a spotlight and we’ve got a fun one. Meet Scott, a very special resident musician for The Journey. He not only plays for us regularly on Sundays, but we also got to hear some of his original music at our latest 3rd of July party earlier this month. Read on to get to know him more!
- Position at The Journey? Musician.
- How long have you been coming to The Journey? Since about 2016.
- Where are you from? Redondo Beach and Palos Verdes, CA. Been in Texas since 1989.
- Please tell us about your family: Wife Sandra Swanson and Children Anthony Swanson (20) and Cameron Swanson (18).
- Favorite Bible verse: Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”
- Goal(s) for 2022: Make the world a better place.
- Fun fact about yourself: I was adopted twice, searched for 27 years found my birth mother’s record in 2008 but she passed away in 1995, just found my birth father last Saturday (July 9th).
- What are some of your hobbies? bass guitar.
- Do you have any pets? 4 dogs and 3 cats, and 4 fish.
- Favorite Season? Spring.
- Favorite vacation you’ve taken? Maui, Hawaii.
- Favorite book? (besides the Bible!) The Velveteen Rabbit.
- Favorite movie? Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- Favorite meal? Anything Mexican.
- Favorite football team? Los Angeles Rams, Superbowl Champs.
- What movie always makes you laugh? The Big Lebowski.
- Share an embarrassing or silly moment: I try not to have these as much as possible.
- Name a secret talent you have: I seem to have the talent of bringing people together.
Bonus fun fact: Scott met his birth father last weekend, so keep them lifted in your prayers that they may be a blessing to each other. Thank you for letting us get to know you, Scott!