It’s our favorite time again…we’ve got a Wednesday Spotlight to share! In case you didn’t know, today is International Women’s Day, so what better way than to celebrate and get to know more about his wonderful lady right here!? Please say hello to Sandra Swanson. Read on to get to know a little more about her and her family!
- How long have you been coming to The Journey? About 6 years.
- Where do you volunteer at The Journey? I organize the Christmas Food Box Ministry for Leander ISD students. The Journey provides several boxes of food for 24 families to help them through Christmas Break. Also sub in the Pre-K classroom for Journey Kids.
- Where are you from? Cleburne, TX.
- Please tell us about your family: Scott and I are Aggie sweethearts and married for almost 25 years. Anthony (20) & Cameron (18) are both students at Texas A&M Corpus Christi.
- Favorite Bible verse: John 16:33 – “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world!”
- Fun fact about yourself: I decided I wanted to be a dentist when I was 12 years old, but had no idea I had to go to school for 8 years. I’m stubborn and made it through!
- Do you have any pets? We have a zoo, most are rescue pets – 3 cats and 4 dogs.
- Favorite vacation you’ve taken? Last October, Scott and I took our first trip as empty-nesters. It was a magical cruise of the Mediterranean Sea that took us to Greece, Turkey, Crete, and Italy. I’m still trying to process all the beautiful and historical sites we got to explore.
- Favorite book? (besides the Bible!) I really enjoy historical fiction, especially books set during WWII – like The Nightingale and The Rose Code.
- Favorite football team? Of course, Texas Aggie Football.
Thank you so much to Sandra for letting us get to learn more about you today! Please reach out to her if you would like to help with our Christmas Food Box program in the future and be sure to thank her for all she does for us. Sandra, we are so blessed to have you and Scott as part of our Journey family!