We are kicking off this Wednesday with a Member Spotlight! And we are so blessed to introduce you to Ryan and Bonnie Bownds. They’ve been coming to The Journey for a while now, so read on to get to know them a little more:
- How long have you been coming to The Journey? We have been coming to the Journey for about one year!
- Where do you volunteer at The Journey? We have volunteered at Foster Parent Night Out a few times.
- Where are you from? Both Ryan and Bonnie are native Texans. Ryan is from Houston and Bonnie is from Dallas. We met in Dallas and have also lived a few years in Waco before moving to the Austin area.
- Please tell us about your family: We are a family of 5 –7 if you include our dogs (which we do). We have 3 boys who are 8, 6, and 4 and 2 old dogs named Boris and Anya. As a family we like to play games together. We recently discovered how much everyone loves a good hike!
- Favorite Bible verse: A verse that has been on Ryan’s heart lately is Proverbs 31:8-9: Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy. Bonnie’s favorite: Hebrews 4:16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
- What are some of your hobbies? Together we like to play board and video games, watch movies, and take walks. Separately, Ryan paints miniatures for and plays a tabletop war game called Warhammer: Age of Sigmar; and Bonnie reads, gardens, and practices yoga.
- Favorite movie? Together: Dan in Real Life. Ryan: Princess Bride. Bonnie: Darjeeling Limited.
- Favorite Season? Ryan: Fall. Bonnie: Spring.
Thank you to Ryan and Bonnie for letting us get to know you! If you haven’t met them yet, be sure to say hi the next time you see them around the Journey. We are so thankful to have them and their boys as part of our church family!