Welcome to today’s Spotlight!
Today we are getting to know a little more about Ron, pictured here with his wife Susan. Stop and say hello!
- Where are you from and how long have you lived in Texas? : I was born in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and have lived in Texas since 1960. Susan and I have lived in Cedar Park since 1982.
- How long have we attended the Journey? : Susan and I have been attending the JBF Church for about 8 years and we love it here.
- Position at the Journey : Currently I am serving on the JBF Executive Board. In addition I facilitate the Leadership Pipeline class and serve in the Cafe.
- Our family : Susan and I have been married for 51 years. We have three grown children and 6 grandchildren, ages 7 to 22. Alan lives two doors down from us, Abby lives about 2 miles from us and our son Ben lives in Anchorage, Alaska.
Here’s some Ron fun facts!
- Favorite Bible verse : Galatians 2:20 “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.”
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Susan and I have 2 places we love to visit. Since our son lives in Alaska, it has been a favorite destination spot for many years and we have had some amazing adventures there. I also have a sister who lives in Italy and we love going there. We have been blessed to have experienced some unusual and exciting adventures there as well. Our next adventure will be to Yellowstone National Park in late spring.
- Hobbies : My hobbies center around sports and have changed over the years as I have gotten older. Over the years I have enjoyed playing basketball, softball, golf, tennis, skiing, hiking and backpacking, cycling, long distance running and long walks with Susan. We both love the outdoors and have some amazing adventures together over the years.
- What movie makes me laugh?: When Harry met Sally
Thank you for sharing with us! Be sure to visit Ron next time you’re at the cafe and ask him about all the fun things to do in Alaska and Italy!