Happy Wednesday, friends!
It’s been a while, but we are back with a Wednesday Spotlight and happy to continue to celebrate our Journey family this way. Today we are going to get to know a little more about our very own Romy Davis, who has been serving The Journey faithfully since its beginning (and is always ready to greet you with a smile)! What great timing to get to know Romy today, as our 20 year celebration is this Sunday!
- How long have you been coming to The Journey? I’ve been going to the Journey since 2003.
- Where do you volunteer at The Journey? I’m currently serving in the Cafe area.
- Where are you from? I’m from Eagle Pass TX. (a small border town).
- Please tell us about your family: I’ve been married to Terence Davis for 26 years. We have 2 adult daughters, Brianna & Ellie, both married and 2 precious grandchildren.
- Favorite Bible verse: My favorite scripture is Romans 8:38-39. It brings my heart so much peace to know this truth.
- Goals for 2023: To continue to enjoy the simple things in life, spend more time with family and friends, and read 1 book a month.
- Favorite vacation you’ve taken? Favorite Vacation is definitely to Alaska in 2022. We rented an RV and traveled over 1600 miles with our youngest daughter. It was an amazing experience!
- What are some of your hobbies? Some of my hobbies are paddle boarding, hiking, traveling, and being outdoors.
Thank you so much to Romy for being such a faithful servant to The Journey and for letting us get to know you today. We appreciate all you do; you are such a blessing to our community.