Welcome to the Wednesday Spotlight!
Today we get to pick the brain of Rob Berglund, pictured here with his lovely family (and foreign exchange student, Leire from Spain!). If you’ve been around the Journey you know this family is a shining light on everyone they meet and we are so thankful for them! Let’s get to know more about Rob today.
- Position at The Journey? I serve on the Executive Board, and also co-lead our marriage ministry & serve with the men’s ministry at The Journey.
- How long have you been coming to The Journey? I’ve been at The Journey nearly 18 years….we only know this because our youngest daughter was just an infant when we first started coming to the Journey when the location was a high-school campus.
- Where are you from? How long have you lived in TX (if from out of state)? I’ve lived in Texas since 1985, when I was just 14 years old. We moved from St. Paul Minnesota to Lago Vista Texas, which is where I graduated high-school and spent my teenage summers on the lake!
- Please tell us about your family: I live with my family out in West Leander, just a 15 minute drive from the church. I’m married to my wife (Amy) since 1997. We just celebrated our 25th year wedding anniversary. We have two daughters, Madison (age 22) and Campbell (age 18), both are great kids that have adopted the belief and value system that comes along with following Jesus. Our family loves camping, time out on Lake Travis, and family movie nights. We also love the simplicity of morning coffee time in our front room, just catching up on each other’s days and laughing about the funny moments we’ve each been through the prior day.
- Favorite Bible verse: Psalm 37:6 –“Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun.”
- Goal(s) for 2022: 1) Learn more about God’s word – in application, in illustration and in doctrine. 2) Be able to preach the Sunday sermon from stage when our pastor (Curt) calls on me 3) Continue the good work started in our marriage ministry – and see more couples know the joy of a Christ-centered marriage 4) Participate in increasing the reach and footprint of the Men’s ministry. 5) Learn to live out new adventures with my wife as we embark on a new season of being Empty-Nesters!
- Fun fact about yourself: I’ve had so many exciting and varied work experiences – I was a Tank Commander, a pilot/flight-instructor, a dishwasher, a ski-instructor, a pizza delivery guy, and now a Technology Executive in IBM.
- Favorite Season? Fall in Texas! Beautiful outdoor weather, football season, and my wife’s homemade Chili!
- Favorite vacation you’ve taken? All vacations that had to do with Skiing in Colorado….what a beautiful place.
- Favorite movie? Anything to do with “The Hobbitt”!
- Favorite meal? Really good Brisket!
- Favorite football team? Minnesota Vikings – GO VIKES! (yes, you can feel sorry for me).
- What movie always makes you laugh? Dumb and Dumber…they just don’t make ‘em like that anymore.
Thank you to Rob for allowing us to feature you today! We love your spirit for God and are grateful for all you do for our church family.