It’s our very special time of the week where we get to learn more about our members and volunteers! Everyone please say hi to Mimi and read on as we get to know more about her for today’s Wednesday Spotlight.
- Position at The Journey? I serve on the Welcome Team and as a PreK Shepherd.
- How long have you been coming to The Journey? About 5 years.
- Where are you from? I was born in Alabama. My mom moved us to Tennessee, Georgia, Montana, and Arizona before settling in Georgetown when I was 11.
- Please tell us about your family: Rich and I are approaching our 15 year anniversary! We have four children (he was blessed with bonus kids), Olivia 27, Cameron 25, Rhys 12, and Charlotte 10. As a family, we like to travel, spend time at the beach, fish, and hike. When at home, we love to play board games and we make a point to sit down for a meal together every day (Rich is our resident chef).
- Favorite Bible verse? Philippians 4:6-7. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Do you have any pets? Two beagles, Otis and Oskar and a tuxedo cat, Dinah.
- What are some of your hobbies? Reading, antiquing, and crafting.
- Favorite vacation you’ve taken? My mom and I took Rhys and Charlotte on a road trip through Eastern Canada in 2019. We drove from her house in Maine up to Prince Edward Island and hit most of the Anne of Green Gables spots. We drove down to Halifax, Nova Scotia, then we saw the Hopewell Rocks in New Brunswick at highest tide. We walked on the ocean floor at lowest tide (somebody lost a shoe in the muck!). We stayed in St. Andrews By-the-Sea and went on a fantastic whale watching boat tour. This trip sparked the tradition of stopping to try every ice cream shop we see, and both kids keep asking to go again!
- Favorite movie? My number one – The Princess Bride (the book is better) but since Alexis and Liz beat me to it, I’ll give a runner up – My Fair Lady.
Photo credit: Sarah Mindi Photography
Thank you to Mimi for letting us all get to know you a little bit better and thank you for all you do for your Journey family!