Wednesday Spotlight Time!
If you’ve been coming to The Journey, you have likely seen these smiling faces around. You may even recognize them from our Child Dedication this past Sunday, as baby Adrian was dedicated! Today we get to meet the mom of this beautiful family, Michelle Trotta!
- Position at The Journey? I serve on the Welcome Team and the new Beautification Team!
- How long have you been coming to The Journey? We’ve been part of the Journey for 4.5 years.
- Where are you from? I’m from Ohio. I moved to Florida for college where I met my husband (we are both Florida State Alumni) and we’ve been in Texas for 16 years.
- Please tell us about your family: Richard and I have been married for 16 years and have three children—Daniel (11), Ellison, and Adrian (5 months). We moved to Liberty Hill a year ago with our Goldendoodle, Theo, and enjoy the small town Texas lifestyle Liberty Hill has to offer. Our family enjoys hiking, exploring, playing board games, watching movies, and just hanging out together at home.
- Favorite Bible verse: Psalm 139:1-18 always gives me so much comfort.
- Goals for 2022: To catch up on laundry…ha! But really, just to get back on a good schedule after having a baby. A good workout routine, stay on top of housework, read some of the books on my nightstand, be more intentional with my time spent with the big kids and my husband, and to set aside a quiet time each day to spend in God’s word.
- Fun fact about yourself: I have a Master’s Degree in Internet Marketing and have had a wide variety of jobs including: Marketing Manager, Competitive Gymnastics Coach, Photographer, Lifeguard/Swim Lesson Instructor, Aerobics Instructor, Social Media Manager, and Youth Activities Director. And my most important, most fulfilling, and hardest job has been being a Stay-At-Home-Mom.
- What are some of your hobbies? I love painting (mainly watercolors and painting rocks) and crafting. I love home décor and manage a home design/home décor Instagram account featuring my home for fun.
- Favorite book? So hard…I love to read! Jane Eyre or Little Women probably. My favorite author is Anita Shreve.
- Favorite movie? Again, so hard! Probably Die Hard or The Princess Bride.
- Favorite meal? A good steak and baked potato!
Thank you, Michelle, for letting us get to know more about you and your family today! Everyone- make sure you go say hi to Michelle at the welcome desk next time you see her. We are so grateful for our smiling welcome team! They are so valuable to us as we continue to grow our Journey family. Thank you for all that you do!