Yes, you’re seeing the Romig family again for today’s Spotlight, but we would be remiss if we didn’t take the time to appreciate Michelle on her one year Journey-versary as well! She has been such a blessing to us and really jumped into the women’s ministry with both feet since joining our family and we couldn’t be more grateful for how she’s grown it.
- Position at The Journey? Aside from being a member, I also head up Journey Women, lead the Women’s Bible Study, and serve in the nursery on Sundays
- How long have you been coming to The Journey? One year!
- Where are you from? I was born and raised in San Francisco, CA. I actually lived in Dallas from 2005-2008 and never thought I’d live in TX again… until last year, when God called us here!
- Please tell us about your family: I have been married to Curt for over 12 years, and we have 3 awesome kids: Izzy (10), Jubilee(8), and Sam (4)
- Favorite Bible verse: I love the whole Bible, and I have some passages that are very dear to me, but 2 Corinthians 12:9 has been a passage that I constantly go back to as I come to terms with my own weaknesses (which is a lot):
“But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”
- Fun fact about yourself: When I did a semester in London, I got to live in the home of one of the writers from “Monty Python’s Flying Circus”. He and his family were super kind, and I even got to meet Michael Palin at his home while I was there!
- What are some of your hobbies? I love to read, and when time allows, I enjoy taking on a sewing or crocheting project.
- Favorite book? (besides the Bible!): Pride and Prejudice & Persuasion by Jane Austen. Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkein. Anything by C.S. Lewis (yes I’m one of those…my son’s full first name is actually Curtis Samuel, so he can be called C.S. one day if he so chooses!).
- Favorite movie?
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
… and Elf
Thank you again, Michelle! And have a safe and fun family trip to CA this week!