We’re back with another Wednesday Spotlight! Our featured Journey member today is one we are so so grateful for. She serves our Journey Kids regularly and is always willing to jump in and help with any and everything. You’ve likely seen her around, but everyone say hi to Michelle Jimenez today!
- How long have you been coming to The Journey? My family and I have been coming to the Journey since 2020.
- Where do you volunteer at The Journey? I volunteer in Journey Kids 2nd & 3rd grade classroom.
- Where are you from? I grew up in Marble Falls, TX.
- Please tell us about your family: My husband, Art and I have 3 kids. Noah is 9, and Evelyn and Elijah are 7.
- Favorite Bible verse: “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Philippians 4:6–7
- What are some of your hobbies? I love to read. I have been a member of a book club with the same 6 women for 13 years! We meet once a month.
- Favorite Season? Fall
- Favorite vacation you’ve taken? Art and I love to travel. We recently celebrated our 10 year anniversary in Antigua.
- Name a secret talent you have: I can balance a baseball bat on my nose! I have been doing it since high school.
- Share something fun happening in your life right now: I just started teaching 4th grade again in Liberty Hill. This will be my 10th year of teaching. We are all starting to settle into our busy routines!
Thank you for letting us get to know you today, Michelle! We are so grateful for you and your sweet family. Be sure to pick her brain on good books to read and say hi next time you see her!