Today’s spotlight is a little different because, well, it’s me, Lindsay! I’ll be writing to you in the first person today because, surprise! I’m the one that runs the social media behind the scenes here at The Journey (and I love doing it). I hope you’ve been enjoying the posts these past few months and I’m happy to share a little about me and my family for you today.
- How long have you been coming to The Journey? We started coming September 2021, so coming up on 9 months.
- Position at The Journey: Social Media Coordinator.
- Where are you from? I was born in New Orleans, but only lived there until I was 2. I was raised in WI (where I met my husband in college), so I still carry around a bit of that accent, despite living in TX for 10 years. Go ahead and ask me how I say “bag.”
- Tell us about your family: My husband Mike and I are both from WI originally (Go Pack Go!) and we got married in 2016. Our anniversary is this Friday! We have a 1 year old son (Samuel) and a baby girl on the way, coming in November (her name is a surprise!). We also have two dogs that are just as much a part of the family: Butters and Reggie.
- Favorite Bible Verse: John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” This brings me such peace!
- Goal for 2022: I want to read 70 books this year! So far I’m ahead of schedule with 27. I read everything: fiction, nonfiction, classics, and whatever’s popular. 2020’s Covid lockdown really got me into reading and I’m glad it’s a habit that’s stuck.
- Share a fun fact about yourself: Straight out of college I worked on cruise ships as an art auctioneer and I have been to over 40 countries! I love learning about other cultures and countries.
- Share an embarrassing or silly moment: I have no regrets, but at our wedding while the band was on a break Mike and I grabbed the microphones and entertained our guests as we sang “Love is an Open Door” from the movie Frozen with perfect harmony and acting skills. Someone has a recording and it is pretty silly!
I would be remiss without thanking everyone that has helped me by volunteering to do these spotlights with me! You greatly help me out so I say a HUGE thank you to you all! Also, if you haven’t done one yet and want to help me out, please reach out to me! I love getting to know you all, as does the rest of our Journey family that follows our page. THANK YOU!