Wednesday Spotlight time!
We have a very special spotlight today, as our guest comes to us all the way from Spain! We hope you have seen her around The Journey, but please say hello to Leire! She spent this past school year residing with the Berglunds as an exchange student and we are so happy to have gotten to know her. Sadly, she is heading back to Spain TOMORROW, so we would be remiss without giving her a proper Journey sendoff. Here is a little more about her!
- I am Leire Garcia Perez and I am from Spain. I am 18 years old and I am an exchange student, so that means that I came here August last year and I am leaving June 2nd.
- I have been going to the Journey for about 2 and a half months and they accepted and welcomed me since the very first day.
- I have been in Texas for 10 months. And the best part has been the people.
- I am living with the Berglunds; when I first came here I was with another host family, but things were not working. So when I met the Berglunds we became closer to each other and we all decided that the best for me was moving with them. That’s when I started to go to the Journey.
Here’s a little more about Leire (and her country!):
- My favorite season is winter, I love the rain, storms and the cold. They give me peace. Everyone says that the rain changes peoples’ moods, but I think it improves mine.
- My goal for 2022 is to keep growing as a person, to keep learning new things, to open even more my mind. And overall, to keep fighting for my dreams as I have been doing for this past years.
- Some of my hobbies are playing the piano, volleyball, reading and listening to music.
- I consider myself a hard worker, and it’s because of that determination that I can be here.
- My favorite vacation was probably to Belgium, it was so pretty, and the people that I went with made it super special.
- About my country, Spain has been my home country since I was born. I love it, I love the food, the places and it will always be my home, but that doesn’t mean I can’t have other home… And it’s difficult to understand, but when you are an exchange student, you meet incredible people, and I have to say that I’ve found my home away from home.
Please join us in wishing Leire a safe journey back home tomorrow. Leire: Thank you for spending your time with us and please come back and visit!