It’s our ever-joyful moment of the week: Wednesday Spotlight time!
We are so excited to feature this wonderful man right here, as he and his wife do so so much for our Journey family. Serving faithfully on our Board and having been a longtime member and greeter, we are sure you have seen his warm smile and welcome, so please join us in saying hello (and thank you) to John Swint today!
- How long have you been coming to The Journey? Maureen and I followed our Daughter & Son in Law to the Journey about 12 years ago.
- Where do you serve at The Journey? The Lord drafted me to serve on our Executive Board. I still question Him, “Are you sure, Lord?
- Where are you from? My Daddy was a US Navy Aviator. So I’ve lived in many interesting places (probably the most fun was Newfoundland Canada). However, once he retired in 1965, we moved back to Texas, his home state. So I’ve been a Texan ever since.
- Please tell us about your family: My sweet wife Maureen, has learned to tolerate me for all these 55 years. We’ve been blessed with our daughter Colleen and her ‘Beloved Gorilla’ husband, Eric. They, along with other successes have the world’s greatest kids, Isaac, Anna, Micah & Jachin.
- Fun Fact: My team came within my fingernail length of going to the National Recreational League Flag Football Championship tournament in St Louis. (I was young and coordinated then).
- Hobbies: I used to love backpacking. Can’t anymore. Sure miss those long peaceful strolls within the Lord’s majestic creation.
- Favorite Vacation :This is easy to answer – Taking our family to Cornwall England to visit Maureen’s family farm. The grandkids still talk about it.
- An embarrassing moment: Wow too many to choose from. But all way too embarrassing to share.
- Favorite Bible verse : “I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn’t receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it” Mark 10:15
Thank you, John, for letting us get to know you today! We are so grateful for you and your wonderful family. Thank you for all that you do!