Welcome to the Member Spotlight! Where we will get to know members, staff, and volunteers at The Journey.
Today we are recognizing our very own John Peterson (pictured with his beautiful family!). Here are some fun get-to-know-you’s about John!
- Where are you from? Born in Austin, raised in San Antonio.
- Position at Journey: Administrative Pastor.
- Tell us a little about your family: Tammy and I have been married 33 years. We have a daughter Emily who is 23 and is pursuing a career in hospitality management in hotels. We have a son Ryan who is 21 and is about to complete his masters in Computer Science, get married, and work for Amazon
- How long have you been coming to The Journey? I’ve been at The Journey since the beginning in 2003. Mitch and Sheri Friedman, Danny and Penne Allen, and Tammy and I founded The Journey at that time. I had the opportunity to be in the equivalent of the Tech Booth in those days when we started meeting in a tent in Danny and Penne’s back yard. Later, when we needed a bass player as part of the worship team, I decided it was time for me to learn how to play the bass!
Some John fun facts!
- Favorite Bible verse: Colossians 3:23
- Do you have any pets? We are enjoying the freedom of not having any pets now, but have loved having a Rottweiler, Cocker Spaniel, Poodle and Shih Tzu over the years.
- Favorite Season? Summer!
- Favorite vacation you’ve taken? A tour of Europe with the family for our 25th anniversary.
- What movie always makes you laugh? A tie between Arnold Schwarzenegger in True Lies and Bruce Willis’ humor in many of his action movies.
Be sure to say hi to John!