Wednesday Spotlight time! You may recognize today’s faces as part of our worship team (and you’d be right!). Today we get to learn a little more about Donna, who lends her voice for us during worship on Sundays. Thank you for participating, Donna!
- Position at The Journey: I consider myself a member of The Journey who happens to have the privilege to be a part of the worship team. Marty and I have been coming to The Journey since August 2016, so almost 7 years.
- Where are you from? I am from a few places. My father was in the Navy, so we moved a lot when I was a child. I was born in a Naval Hospital in Rhode Island, but we lived in Pawcatuck, Connecticut. When I was a year old my dad was stationed in San Diego, CA. We lived there until I was six years old. That’s when he retired from the Navy and moved us to my mom and dad’s home state of Massachusetts. We lived there for three years, but we missed the beautiful weather of San Diego so much that we all decided to move back there for good when I finished 3rd grade. I don’t claim that I am from the east coast because I spent most of my childhood in San Diego and that is where my roots are. Before we moved to Texas 17 years ago, we lived on the Big Island of Hawaii for nearly 9 years. Yes, we loved it there, but God had other plans.
- Tell us about your family: My family consists of my husband of over 41 years, Marty, and our two grown sons who are married. Our oldest son, Joshua, has a wonderful wife, Katie, and two beautiful children (our grandchildren) our granddaughter, Samus (pronounced sam – us, and our grandson, Miles. Our youngest son, Matthew, also has a wonderful wife, Melissa, and they have a dog and two cats, our granddog, and grand cats. Thankfully, they all live in Leander.
- My favorite bible verse is: Joshua 1:9(NIV) “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” The Lord gave this to me on the day I was saved 42 years ago. Little did I know how much I would have to hang on to this scripture all of these years.
- My hobbies are playing the guitar and the ukulele.
- A fun fact is that I’m just getting back into playing both instruments because in 2020 I broke my ring finger on my left hand and I wasn’t able to play the guitar at all. I worked on playing the uke while going to physical therapy and eventually my finger has gained strength and now I can play both instruments. This is only a fun fact because I know the Lord is healing me.
- Marty and I have one dog. His name is Harley and he is our baby. He’s smart and he’s spoiled by both of us. We named him Harley because we both ride, Harley motorcycles of course.
- My favorite meal/food is tacos or any Mexican cuisine.