We are absolutely thrilled about this week’s Wednesday Spotlight. This beautiful couple is one of our original Journey families and has been with the church since its founding! Please say hello to Dale and Marlene today.
- Position(s) at The Journey? Dale is a former JBF Board member and current team lead on the Campus & Building team. Marlene is team lead on the Journey Café team.
- How long have you been coming to The Journey? Marlene and I have been coming to The Journey since its formal launch at Henry Middle School approximately 20 years ago.
- Where are you from? Marlene is from St. Charles, MO and Dale is from Orlando, Florida. We both came to Austin, Texas in 1986, moved away to Colorado and came back in 1990.
- Please tell us about your family: Marlene and I have been married for over 32 years. We have two great kids in Madison and DJ. We enjoy taking our annual vacation trips together. This past Spring, we went on a cruise together which was a blast.
- Favorite Bible verse – Galatians 6:9 “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”
- What are some of your hobbies? Love boating, going to the beach, deep sea fishing.
- Do you have any pets? 1 Tibetan Spaniel named Dash and 1 grand puppy who comes to visit named Remi.
- Favorite Season? Dale -Fall and Marlene – Spring.
- Favorite vacation you’ve taken? Family Road trip to White Sands, NM – then onto the Grand Canyon, swung by Las Vegas on our way to Santa Monica, Ca. – Then flew back.
- Favorite movie? -Marlene – old movie called “Imitation of Life.”
- Favorite meal? Anytime we can eat together as a family.
- Favorite football team? Dallas Cowboys and Denver Broncos.
- Name a secret talent you have – Marlene can start a conversation, and sometimes a friendship, with just about anyone.
Be sure to stop by the cafe, grab a coffee and a donut, and say hi to this very kind and dedicated Journey couple! Thank you to Dale and Marlene for all you have done and continue to do for our Journey family.