Welcome to today’s Wednesday Spotlight! You have likely seen this mama around and we want to celebrate her today as she is due to have her baby BOY next month! Please join us in wishing Cynthia and the Joiner family well as they welcome their newest addition very soon.
- Position at The Journey? Currently I am on the planning team for Journey Women!
- How long have you been coming to The Journey? I have been attending The Journey for almost 6 years, but served with Justin, while we were dating with FPNO. I would say I have been at the Journey for almost 7ish years!
- Where are you from? I was born in California but raised in Austin since I was 3 months old. I consider myself an Austinite!
- Tell us about your family: My family is a beautiful chaos! Justin and I met in 2014, ask one of us how we met! Justin took the time to get to know Conner and I and in 2016 we were engaged and married! Shortly after we got married we found out we were expecting our honeymoon baby, Eliana, she will be 5 in July. We have a big heart for a big family so we had Gabriella who is 3, Aundrea who is 18 months old, Laila who has been in our family for almost 4 years and our sweet boy, Micah Alexander who is due at the end of August. Our hope for the future is to continue to open our home to provide a loving and safe home for children in Foster care.
- Favorite Bible verse: Psalm 27, this verse helped me through some very difficult times in my life.
- What are some of your hobbies? I enjoy making things with my Cricut but being pregnant and balancing 5 other little human’s schedules doesn’t leave much spare time to be crafty with my Cricut!
- Do you have any pets? We have a guinea pig, named “piggy pig” according to Gabriella and a Bandit, our cat who is the absolute best.
- Favorite Season? My favorite season is fall, I love the crisp air and all of the different colors in the trees!
- Favorite vacation you’ve taken? Not exactly a vacation but Conner and I went to Kenya on a mission trip when he was 4 years old. It was one of the most amazing experiences ever. The culture in Samburu, one of the villages we were in, was so breathtaking. We had the opportunity to witness the way they worshipped in their own dialect and it was truly so encouraging.
- Favorite meal? My favorite meal, any real authentic Mexican meal, like grandma’s Mexican cooking, which is hard to find nowadays.
- Favorite football team? My favorite football team is Texas, especially when they play against Baylor! I also really enjoy watching soccer, more so when it is MX vs USA. World Cup season is my favorite to watch!
Thank you, Cynthia! We can’t wait to meet your precious little one soon. God’s blessings to you for your delivery and beyond!