We love our Journey members! It’s time for another Wednesday Spotlight and we couldn’t be more excited
We are quite sure you’ve seen him around, greeting you with a smile, and blessing our worship team with his talents, so without further ado, today we are featuring the one and only Chris Leonard!
- How long have you been coming to The Journey? My family started attending The Journey in 2014. We lived in Germany through 2017, but we came right back to The Journey when we returned.
- Where do you volunteer at The Journey? I help with worship on the music team, and I’m just starting to help with meals for KOZ.
- Where are you from? My parents and their families are from San Antonio, which is where I grew up. I moved to the Austin area in 1996.
- Please tell us about your family: My Mom still lives in San Antonio, her family has been in Texas since the 1800’s. My maternal great-great grandfather was a doctor and ran the saloon in Fredericksburg. My Dad lives in the mountains just outside of Denver. His father was a career Army officer that retired in San Antonio after WW II. I’m a descendent of Oliver Loving, who drove cattle from Dallas to Denver along the Goodnight-Loving Trail, which is named after him. I have 2 brothers that live in New Braunfels.
- Favorite Bible verse: Mark 9:24. This is from the story of Jesus healing a boy. The father’s cry “I believe, help me in my unbelief” is so honest and shows his dependence on Jesus. I love and trust Jesus, and I need his help to depend on him.
- Do you have any pets? Yes we have a dog named Ranger. He’s very sweet and loves dogs well.
- What are some of your hobbies? I enjoy playing guitar. And doing things outside together as a family, hiking, camping, going to parks, etc. In the fall I like keeping up with college football. I enjoy the sport and it’s a fun way to stay connected with long distance friends.
- Favorite vacation you’ve taken? One summer before we had kids, Liz & toured several European countries. It was amazing to see the diverse cultures, food, languages, churches and I really enjoyed the variety of the architecture. A couple of highlights were a road trip through Ireland, and the fjords of Norway. I hope to take our kids one day.
- Favorite football team? The Texas Longhorns. Hook ’em!
Thank you, Chris, for letting us get to know you more this week. We are so lucky to have you, Liz, and the kiddos at The Journey!