We love Wednesdays around here. It means we get to celebrate and get to know another Journey family member! Everyone say hi to Chris Congos today. He and Tammy have been coming for some time now, so please stop and say hello.
- How long have you been coming to The Journey? As a member, almost a year but came to Saturday Morning Men’s group for 6 months before joining (Thank you Mike Tangorra for the invite).
- Where do you volunteer at The Journey? I now volunteer in the Café every 3rd Sunday of the month.
- Where are you from and how long have you lived in TX? Born and raised in Beloit, Wisconsin but lived in Phoenix, Houston, Dallas and now Austin (Cedar Park).
- Please tell us about your family: I am married to my beautiful bride coming on 29 years on February 19th, 2023. She is also the office admin for JBF and will have been here almost a year. We have a handsome son, Drew, and he will turn 16 on February 20th, 2023. He is a phenomenal trumpet player and marches for the Rouse High School Band.
- Favorite Bible verse: Isaiah 53:5 “But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed.”
- Goal(s) for 2023: To get to know the people at JBF as a member of the family.
- Fun fact about yourself: Avid flight simulator pilot.
- What are some of your hobbies? Camping, Swimming, Shooting, Fishing (anything outdoors).
- Do you have any pets? Unfortunately not. Horrible allergies to cats and dogs with fur.
- Favorite Season? Anyone who knows, me….Winter!
- Favorite vacation you’ve taken? Attending a Green Bay Packers game at Lambeau Field.
- Favorite book? (besides the Bible!) Anything dealing with Network Engineering (Typically Cisco) since that’s my occupation.
- Favorite movie? Tie between Red Dawn (1984) and Never Cry Wolf.
- Favorite meal? Anything seafood.
- Favorite football team? Green Bay Packers all the way! PACK FOREVER!
- What movie always makes you laugh? Dumb and Dumber.
- Share an embarrassing or silly moment: I pumped diesel fuel in our car on a road trip many, many years ago and wondered why the pump didn’t fit in the gas receptacle. The car sputtered after that and had to have it towed to a shop. LESSON LEARNED!
- Name a secret talent you have: Cartoon Illustrator.
Wow, thanks so much for sharing today, Chris! These are some pretty fun facts, indeed. Be sure to connect with Chris and share a silly story about yourself since he so generously put himself on the spot today. We are grateful for all you do for our Journey family, Chris!