Happy Wednesday, everyone! We’re back with another great spotlight this week. Today we’ll get to learn a little more about Andrea R.! We are so grateful for both her and her husband Bob, as they are some of our longtime Journey members! Andrea’s service and her big heart for our Journey Kids (and the kids in our community!) does not go unnoticed and we are so excited to feature her today!
- How long have you been coming to The Journey? About 15 years or so when housed at VRHS.
- Where do you volunteer at The Journey? Currently supporting our special friends ministry and FPNO!
- Where are you from? I am originally from Illinois, graduated in P.E. from the University of Illinois, pulled a Thelma & Louise to New Mexico where I met my husband Bob, earned a degree in Special Education, and became reconnected to God.
- Please tell us about your family: Bob and I got married with a double rainbow in the background off a boat in Jamaica in 1995! Both being in our mid-thirties, we jumped into family life soon after with the birth of Caroline in 1998 and Samantha in 1999 (both baptized at The Journey). Time flies…and now Caroline is getting married in July of 2023!
- Favorite Bible verse: My soul verse since I accepted Christ in college (in my sorority of all places) is Isaiah 41:10. This gift, to never fear because God is always with me, has guided many decisions in my life.
- Fun fact about yourself. My Great, Great Grand Uncle was Adolphus Busch who co-founded the Anheuser-Busch Brewery Co.
- What are some of your hobbies? Jigsaw puzzles! At last count I have 104! Let me know if you’d like to borrow one!
- Favorite Season? Fall, hands down.
- Favorite vacation you’ve taken? A 3-week road trip with Bob and the girls to Carlsbad, Mesa Verde, Grand Canyon, Flagstaff, Sedona, Petrified Forest, Durango, Silverton, and Ouray. Magical!
- Favorite meal? Give me crab, sushi or salmon any day!
- Name a secret talent you have…springboard diving! I’m a total risk taker.
- Share something fun happening in your life right now. After a 35 year hiatus, I am back on stage in June for Mary Poppins, the Broadway Musical, with Lake Travis Musical Theater. Come on out and enjoy!
Thank you, Andrea, for letting us pick your brain today! You had such fun answers for us and we are so grateful to have you in our Journey family. Now let’s all go see that Mary Poppins musical next month!