Look no further! It’s time for a Journey Wednesday Spotlight, and we’ve got a great one. This beautiful lady here needs no introduction, as we know you’ve seen her smiling face (and probably gotten some nice hugs!) if you been in for our Sunday services, so please say hello to our very special Amy Berglund!
- How long have you been coming to The Journey? My family and I have been coming to the Journey for 18.5 years.
- Where do you volunteer at The Journey? I have served on the Board, in the café, nursery, elementary, and am currently on the Welcome Team, co-lead the marriage small group, and serve on the Beautification team.
- Where are you from? How long have you lived in TX? I was born in the small town of Grand Rapids in northern Minnesota. I moved to Texas when I was 12 years old, just before starting high school.
- Please tell us about your family: I have been married to the love of my life, Rob for almost 26 years. We have two beautiful daughters Madison, and Campbell. We are also adding an incredible son-in-law to our bunch in January 2024.
- Favorite Bible verse Romans 8:38-39 “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- Fun fact about yourself: I lived my first 3 years on a farm and spend my early years along side my dad who was a skilled carpenter developing my love for all things carpentry.
- What are some of your hobbies? I love boating, camping, and ski vacations with my family.
- Favorite vacation you’ve taken? My favorite vacation was a family trip ten years ago to Zihuantanejo but hoping a trip to Europe this fall tops it.
- Favorite football team? Minnesota Vikings (Rob is a devoted fan so we are a house united).
- Share an embarrassing or silly moment – When our oldest daughter Madison was 2 she was being squirrely in Walmart and pulled my pants down. That pretty much tops them all.
Thank you to Amy for sharing your stories with us today. You are beautiful inside and out and we are so grateful to have you and your family at The Journey!