Welcome to today’s Spotlight!
If you’ve been coming to the Journey you probably recognize this adorable family right here. If not, let us introduce the Nichols family! Today we’re going to get to know a little more about the glowing mother of the photo, Alexis. She is on staff here at the Journey and really pours her heart out to serving in God’s kingdom week after week!
- Position at Journey: Children’s Ministry Director
- How long have you been coming to The Journey? A little over 4 years
- How long have you lived in TX? I’m originally from Sugar Land, TX, but since being married have lived in Arkadelphia, AR; Gainesville, TX; and now Leander, TX.
- Tell us a little about your family: Paul and I met in college, and got married in December 2012. We welcomed Judah in 2016, Elijah in 2018, and Karis in 2021. We’ve moved around quite a bit in that time, but have been in Leander for a little over 4 years now, ever since Paul was hired as the Student Pastor at The Journey. I stayed home with the kids when we first moved here, and started working at The Journey in October 2020 while pregnant with Karis.
Fun Alexis trivia facts:
- Favorite Bible verse: Favorite verse is hard, but I really love the book of Philippians. If I had to zero in on a chapter, it would be Philippians 4.
- Do you have any pets? We have one mutt named Lily. She’s the best dog, and so sweet with the kids.
- Favorite book? (besides the Bible!): Til We Have Faces by CS Lewis. I love how he combines Greek mythology, which has always fascinated me, with spiritual themes and concepts.
- Favorite movie? The Princess Bride. I can’t wait to introduce the kids to that one!
Thank you for your big heart, Alexis! Make sure you say hi next time you see her.