Everyone say hello to Mike O’Brien and his lovely wife, Bambi! Mike serves the Journey in so many ways; we are so thankful to have him as part of our church family. Read on to learn a little more about Mike!
- Position at The Journey? I am the Chair of the Journey Executive Board, and I serve on the Welcome Team and Foster Parents Night Out (FPNO).
- How long have you been coming to The Journey? Bambi and I moved from Plano, TX to Austin, TX back in the summer of 2010 and found the Journey within a few months.
- Where are you from? Bambi and I were both born in San Diego, CA, but we got to Texas as quickly as we could. We moved from CA to TX back in 1982.
- Tell us about your family: Bambi and I have been married for 47 years and we have two children, Jason (deceased) and Shauna. We have four grandchildren, Anthony, Corey, Maddy, Olivia.
- Favorite Bible verse: Romans 12:2 – Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
- Do you have any pets? We just got a new 16-month-old mixed lab, husky, and chow named Harley.
- Favorite vacation you’ve taken? We were able to spend a week in Ireland back in 2016.
- Favorite hobby? I enjoy golfing when I have time.
- Favorite football team? There is only one choice, America’s Team (The Cowboys).
Here is a picture of me golfing (Bambi was caddying) with some locals at an old course in Limerick, Ireland.”
Thank you so much to Mike for participating in this week’s spotlight and for all you do The Journey! We are so blessed to have you.