Get ready for today’s Spotlight! We get to meet one of our KOZ superstars, Jason (and his family). If you haven’t met Jason yet, be sure to say hello and THANK YOU for all the wonderful things he does for our youth through our Kids Outdoor Zone program and through Journey Kids!
- Position at The Journey? I am the Kids Outdoor Zone Co-Leader (with Sam Davis) and a Preteen Journey Kids teacher.
- How long have you been coming to The Journey? Since 2013 (9 years)
- Where are you from? I was born in Houston, TX (5th Gen Texan), but I left at the age of 5 years for Georgia, then Oklahoma, then Illinois (where I graduated HS), then Annapolis, MD (U.S. Naval Academy), then Virginia (Marine Corps training), then stationed in California, then visited about 16 countries all over the world, then finally got back to Texas in 2006.
- Please tell us about your family: I have been married to the beautiful and brilliant Dawn Smith for 18 years on June 19th. We have 3 sons, Travis (15), Case (12), and AJ (11). We have two giant Rhodesian Ridgeback dogs (Rio and Scout, brother and sister). Dawn is a freelance Web/Graphic Designer and an awesome boy mom. I’m a Financial Advisor with Raymond James in Georgetown. Our family loves playing games, being outdoors, visiting far-away family, and hanging out with friends.
- Favorite Bible verse: 1 Corinthians 16:13 “Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.”
- Goals for 2022: Save lost boys, show young men their purpose, and take action against evil in the world, become a better Sheepdog, and love my wife better.
- What are some of your hobbies? Hunting (deer and elk are my favorite) and reading.
- Favorite vacation you’ve taken? Bora Bora overwater bungalows with my brand new bride!
- Favorite book? (besides the Bible!) Animal Farm by George Orwell.
Thank you, Jason, for letting us pick your brain and for all you do for our Journey family!